This document contains outlines for my toastmaster talks
- using the body - yoga, dance, cycle, daily exercise
- being a father
- habit hacking
- playing music
Talk #1: Icebreaker
[pause] One thing I love about the icebreaker is: it makes you ask yourself: who are you? Usually, you will tell your name: I am RasmusErik You might tell you work: I am an independent software developer You may tell how you came here: I was at toastmasters long time ago, - did other stuff - and now I am returning Now, stop and imagine a young stubborn child, looking intensely at you and asking: But who *are* you? Who are *you*?
- I love early mornings, still seeing the stars on the sky. Get up, bike to the sea, see the sun rise. Walk into the forest, before the start of the day
- The passsion of my mind. is computer science, I can striding back and forth on the floor, and imagining data structures and algorithms, - seeing a duality of time and space within programming languages. It can almost be like catching a glimpse of god.
- One of my greatest teachers, who taught me to discipline myself, is my four-year old son. … explain the chemistry of rocket science in the middle of the night
- Another of my passions. I love holding somebody who has never danced, and through the embrace, make her walk to to the music, and the feel that she discover what dance is.
`` These were glimpses, of Things that I may talk more about at later toastmaster meetings.
I could continue, but now, stop and ask yourself: who are you?
Thank you. ```