Argentine tango introductory class, and milonga (dance evening) at Tinkuy, Skyttegade 3, 2200 Kbh.N, on Wednesday May 13. 7pm.
- We will work with tango technique, connection, musicality, etc. also with a focus on how it is applicable in other social dances, for example lindy-hop/swing
- Barefoot – no (outdoor) shoes are allowed at the dance place Tinkuy – this also puts the focus on more straight movements
- We both lead and follow within the dance – following makes you a better leader and leading makes you a better follower. This is sometimes called “queertango”, and also eliminate the issue of possible gender imbalance.
- It is a social dance, and everybody dances with everybody, – we will change dance partners regularly during the practise – you can come with or without a partner.
- Introduction to argentine tango – the focus will be on basic technique and musicality, which is suitable for both beginners and experienced dancers 🙂
- Social dancing – after the introduction it will gradually change into social dancing, both with traditional tango music, and also other music that is good for tango dancing.
We start at 19:01, so please be here on time.
Sign-up: send an sms to Rasmus Erik, +45 60703081 (as I would like to know how many will be here)
Price: free, – pay it forward, or give a donation to a good cause instead 🙂
- what is tango
- introductions / dance/movement background
- hand to hand
- pratise embrace
- tango embrace / hug
- chest / leading from the arms vs. shoulders vs. center
- living embrace, head, shoulders, …
- “steps” and flow of dance
- weight shift
- initiating the movement
- forward step
- side step
- changing steps
- parallel same lane vs. on outside
- change of embrace during sidestep
- rectangular movements, and turning
- musicality – focus on single piece of music – ie el choclo, ABC-sections
- individual instruments
- sections of the music
- going with or against the music, dance as a voice
- playing with the music
- genres: tango, vals, milonga, (and modern/alternative)
- keeping the connection
- having weight on single foot
- connecting with the sky/floor
- staying and extending
- playing with intensity during the move
- invisible energy/connection between the centers